Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Anarchy Christmas Miracle'? Anarchy, no. Miracle, maybe.




Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for sticking it to the man. Damn the man, save the empire and all that (if you don't get that reference, stop reading, click the link, buy the movie, watch the movie, love the movie...) but none of us really really believe that downloading a track from itunes is a genuine revolutionary act. Right? Good, now that we are all agreed I can proceed.

So there has been no revolution this Christmas (damn you Santa, I only asked for ONE thing) but at least we were saved from another X-factor number one. Yeah yeah, I know that RATM are signed to Epic and Epic are owned by McDonalds or Starbucks or some shite and I haven't listened to the charts in nine years so what's it to me? Well here's the thing, I'm happy that people who were pissed off with the status quo got off their asses and attempted some sort of collective action. Sure the execution was flawed and really they should have picked some obscure band who record their songs in a studio built from organic no-brand tofu and who donate all their profits and organs to neglected children. But hey it's an imperfect world and mostly I think any attempt these days by people to be heard by the 'establishment' or the government or even their mates, is worthy of at least a pat on the back. More of this please folks.

And then there's our homegrown fellas Arveene and Misk who bootlegged the hell out of "Killing in the Name"' back in 2006. So get this, bootlegging has a long 'revolutionary' history and RATM are 'revolutionaries' so that's like some sort of black hole of revolution. Wahey. And the track is ace too. Get your fill of revolution² here. The very same duo have a remix out today for dance-floor impresario Felix da Housecat. Like the cat who got the cream (of the crop), I'm guessing Felix is dead happy with this stormer.

No comments:

Post a Comment